Friday, August 24, 2012

Simple Things

One of my very dear sisters sent me a Starbucks gift card tucked inside a Secret Garden note card just because!
"Just Because" mail is the very best kind of mail, in my opinion. How great is it to sort through the usual assortment of bills, credit card applications, and unnecessary catalogs to find a personal card? It's practically unheard of in this day and age, and I love it!
I've been holding on to the gift card for a few weeks now just waiting for that day when Starbucks was the only answer to getting through the day. And that day turned out to be today! Nothing terrible happened, I just had a restless night last night, overslept this morning, had to gulp down a few sips of lukewarm drip coffee and speed to work with no breakfast in my belly. An hour or so later, I had a little break at work and decided to put my gift card to good use. One Spinach, Feta, and Eggwhite Wrap, and a Tall Skinny Mocha with sugar-free Hazelnut syrup later, I was a new woman!
 I may have frightened my remaining clients with a healthy dose of chocolate/caffeine induced enthusiasm, but that little gift card turned the day around and it reminded me how it's the simple things in life that bring the most joy!
A "fancy" coffee and a breakfast treat in an otherwise chaotic day gave me a moment of closeness with my sister who lives very far away, helped me to slow down and enjoy the sunny morning, and gave me a chance to give my beautiful husky Mojo a little head scratch! It's a good life!

No comments: